Friday, February 8, 2013

5 Months and other things!

HELLO EVERYONE!
C:

         I think I just choose to update when a lot happens, and then just kinda word vomit everything after it all settles. Gross? Yes. Effective? Absolutely.

Anyway...

          So first, just a recap on MY life right now: I got laid off from my job. :C That wasn't fun. The manager is in my ward and everything, she hired me, and she knew I was saving up for a mission. I still got laid off though. I was bitter and just really confused and lost. I came home from my last day of work on a Thursday, heard about a friend of mine who declined a job at Allstate doing phone surveys. 

         You better believe I hopped in my car the second I heard that and drove my little self over there to tell them to give me a job. Turns out, they liked me enough and I was hired on the spot! I was told I would start that following Monday at 11am, working Mon-Thur, for $8/hour. Wow. I didn't even miss a day of work. The job is a little rough, I don't really enjoy it at all, but it was a God-send and I will keep it until I find something better.

          And I did! I got a call last Sunday while I was in church from the movie theater I used to work for. They wanted me to come in for an interview, so I went in after work on Monday! They said they'd give me a call on Thursday to let me know whether I got the job or not. 

I nailed that interview like it was my job. 
Hehe.

          I don't know when I start or if I'll be working full-time or part time, but what I think I'm going to do is if they offer me a full-time position, I'll quit my job at Allstate and work for the theater and try to pick up another part-time job. If they offer me a part-time position, i'll keep my job at Allstate until I can find another part-time job. Either way, I'll be working two jobs so I can save for my mission double time. This is so exciting! Mission papers are still not in though...I'm getting antsy and just ready to serve. Or at least KNOW where I'll be going...Everyone pray that things go through quickly and soon, please?

NOW JARED NEWS! :D
Gosh, he's just my favourite person ever...
I just love him so much... <3

          Back on track! Sorry about that! He's still in Vegas, still with Elder Driggs. I'm sending off his Valentines package on Monday, filled with cute little stuff. I'll post a picture later. I sent him some valentines that i got from Krispy Kreme for free doughnuts. I got 3 letters from him a couple weeks ago. I cried. A lot. They were just great. :) 

          AND HE'S BEEN GONE FOR 5 MONTHS. AHHHHHH!!!!!
          That means THIS MONTH, FEBRUARY, HE WILL HAVE BEEN GONE FOR 6 MONTHS. THAT'S A WHOLE FREAKIN' HALF A YEAR. THAT'S 1/4 OF HIS MISSION!! HOOOOOLY CRAAAAP!!!! Where the heck is the time going? Is this real life? I sure as heck hope so. 

          Anyway, so for his 5 month, I wanted to get a cake that was on sale. This may seem silly, but hear me out: Jared and I used to go to Broulim's when we lived in Rexburg and buy the cakes that were marked down to like....$7. We would get them when we were stressed out, upset, or just needed to chill. We'd seriously just get a whole cake, no plates, no nothin', just forks and a whole cake and go at it. It was hilarious. The first time we did it, Jared goes, "Sam, I've never just....eaten a cake off of the platter it comes on. Is this allowed?" Bless his adorable little heart, he took that first bite and was so surprised at how fun just...eating a whole cake was. It was great.

          So I went out, bought a cake that was on sale, and just ate it. I also got some Chile Con Queso pringles, since he told me to in his letter, telling me how great they were. It was a grand celebration. 

          I honestly find myself thinking so many happy thoughts every day about memories of us. I know this sounds cheesy and just totally cliche, but I fall in love with him every single day, just thinking about the times we spent together over the past 6 years. I'll be doing mundane things, like dishes, vacuuming, or cooking, and just slip into this stumbling, slipping state of love where I just think about doing his dishes for him when he was sick or stressed, or cleaning his apartment while he was in class for him, or cooking with him. And then I fall in love all over again with him and it just makes me smile. I thought this was supposed to be a hard, trying, difficult thing, being without him for 2 years, but so far, I've found that nothing has changed between us. The ONLY thing that has changed is the fact that we're 1,859 miles away, and that we only get to talk once a week through emails and letters. And you wanna know what? Surprisingly...It doesn't seem that bad at all. I'm growing so much, and so is he, and I'm just so proud of who he is becoming. I don't care WHERE he is, whether he's with me or away from me, for 2 years or 2 days, but if he can progress and become a better person, let it be.
         Transfers are on the 25th of February, and it's only going to be 5 weeks long since they're getting so many new missionaries cause' of the age drop. AWESOME! He's great, life is great, everything is great.

Until next time, people who read my blog! 
I love you all and wish you the best!
Cheers!
-Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment