Wednesday, October 24, 2012

ROAD TRIP TO REXBURG 2012!

          So, ever since the announcement was made that girls can go on a mission at age 19, I've been trying to get my papers done and everything. Bear in mind, I was already home, saving up and working, getting ready for my mission, but this announcement just turned my life upside-down! So with that, I had to go get all my stuff from Rexburg, since I wouldn't be returning! And who better to go with than my missionaries' Mom and sister?
          It was so fun. We went up in the St. Louis Arch, to Chimney Rock, Liberty Jail, Independence Visitors Center, and all over! His Mom has been such a source of support for me and I love her so much. <3 The whole trip it was always us talking, saying stuff like..."Well...if you marry Jared, we could...." or "For future reunions, we could have you and Jared do...." and other cute stuff like wedding ideas and all that. I loved it. So whenever I go somewhere cool, I always take my picture of Jared that I have and I take pictures with it so he can be there with me!
         Our road trip started with his Mom and sister picking me up from my house in Kentucky, from there, we drove to St. Louis, Independence, Liberty, the Pony Express Station in Wyoming, Chimney Rock, and a couple other landmarks! It was a very fun trip and lots of memories were made! His Mom has all the pictures, so i'll post more of them later.
          Being on that road trip with his family was bittersweet. I've been on roadtrips with them before, so it was nothing new. This time though, it was without him. It was just girls, so that was super fun! When we were driving home on Monday, eagerly awaiting his email, ( his Dad was sending it straight to me once he got it, because I was the only one with a smart-phone to read it ) I got an email DIRECTLY from Jared!! My very first email just for me! It was so wonderful! :) I giggled, screamed, and laughed in the backseat the whole rest of the way home. Ohmygoodness I still smile thinking about it. Then, his Dad sent his email that was directed to the family and I read that aloud to them, too. Both were great!
          Jared is doing very well in his area. Transfers are this week, but neither he nor I think he will be transferred. He doesn't have much time to relax on P-Days, because his SC works him really hard and doesn't give him much time to send ME mail. Jared promised he would find some time though to write me. <3 I love that boy.
          Anyway, i'll upload more pictures when I get them! Until next time, keep it up!
-Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment