Monday, October 29, 2012

Oh my gosh, you guys. OH MY GOSH.

Jared has been out for....wait for it....2 MONTHS!! HOLY GUACAMOLE!! Can you believe it??
Neither can I. Whoa.

So something about Jared and I: We LOVE cooking. We would cook together every day. We made Salsa Chicken, Chicken Club Toasters, BBQ Chicken Pizza, Chicken Katsu, and most importantly; Chicken Quesadillas. Those were our specialty. Now as you can see, we made a lot of stuff with chicken because that's really all we could afford. x]

So anyway...Since Jared has been out for 2 whole grand, amazing, super terrific months, I made chicken quesadillas!!

What I forgot was the fact that I usually get full after half of mine and end up giving the other half to Jared, who had already eaten 2 by the time i'm halfway done with one. Since he wasn't there to finish mine, I ate the whole thing. o___o

So in celebration, i'll share with you one of my favourite memories of us:
Once upon a time, Sam and Jared were at Jareds' apartment making Chicken Katsu. Sam is a little air-headed sometimes, and forgot that instead of frying the chicken in a pan, you have to dip it in flour, egg, then panko crumbs. So she put the chicken in the pan and started cooking it. Jared goes to check on the chicken and says, "Sam, why are you frying the chicken?" Sam freaks out and runs over to try and fix this mess she's made.
I'm so sorry! I ruined it! Dangit!" She starts crying. (She was having a rough day and really looking forward to this meal.) Jared looks from her to the chicken, walks over, hugs her, pulls her away and looks into her eyes, and just let's out the most sincere, hearty laugh ever. Sam doesn't understand. She just screwed up the whole meal! She's crying and just looking up at him while he laughs. But slowly, they both just fall to the floor laughing their heads off. Afterwards, he looks over at her and says, "Sam, sometimes, you just have to laugh at your mistakes, or else you're going to have a bad time." We had the best chicken quesadillas that night.

Thank you Jared, for teaching me how to laugh at my mistakes, even when I want to cry. To just look at the bad things and smile, knowing that something good will come out of it. :)

Thank you for 2 months, 2 emails, 3 letters, and all the love in the world. ♥

Keep your chins up, ladies! He's worth the wait!
-Samantha

1 comment: